What kind of information do we collect?
We may collect information that can identify You (“Personal Information”) and other information that does not identify You, as listed below.
Information You provide
- age, height, weight, target weight, average physical activity level, goals for losing, maintaining or gaining weight, and preferences for daily calorie intake. We may collect and store the above mentioned information when You provide it to us in order to use the Service or in some other manner, for example by corresponding with us (by email or chat, for instance) when You report a problem with the Service or when You subscribe to any of our services, or search for a service.
Note: Information about a third party
When You provide us with information about a third party, You must have the consent of that third party before providing us with that information. By providing us with information regarding a third party You warrant that You have their permission to provide that information to us.
Information collected automatically
- Device information: may include information specific to Your mobile device (e.g., OS Version, hardware model, unique device identifier, mobile network information); information about Your logging in, use of features, functions, or notifications on the device. We also collect and use Your Apple Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) to recognize Your device and support advertising activities on our Services. These number values are not permanently tied to Your device and, depending on Your operating system, You can reset it through Your device settings.
- Usage information: information about the use of the App, such as frequency of use, engagement with particular features, which sections of the App user visits and common use patterns.
- Location: IP address, time zone, mobile service provider.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data stored on Your device used as an anonymous unique identifier. Please note that cookies commonly do not contain personal information. This Service does not use these cookies explicitly.
UPON YOUR CONSENT, THE APP MAY ALSO HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL AND/OR CAMERA, AND/OR MOTION AND FITNESS MODULE (THE “LIBRARIES AND UTILITIES”). IF YOU DO NOT ALLOW THE ACCESS TO YOUR LIBRARIES AND UTILITIES, YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE APP OR SOME OF ITS FEATURES.
WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO AND DO NOT SHARE ANY MATERIAL, INCLUDING IMAGES, THAT YOU UPLOAD OR IMPORT TO THE SERVICE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE APP. YOU CAN DELETE THE FILES YOU HAVE STORED IN THE APP BY USING THE AVAILABLE DELETION FUNCTIONS.
What do we collect this information for?
- enhancing Your user experience on our Application by operating, maintaining, and providing You with all of the content and features of the Services;
- managing Your account and providing You with customer support. We may use Your Personal Information to respond to Your requests for technical support, Service information or to any other communication You initiate (“customer support purposes”);
- performing research and analysis about Your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others (“analytics purposes”);
- communicating with You via email, push notifications and/or through other digital methods about products or services that may be of interest to You either from us or other third parties. You can opt out of receiving push notifications by changing the settings on Your device;
- developing and providing content and advertising tailored to Your interests on our and other third-party services (“marketing purposes”);
- detecting and resolving any fraud or other illegal or undesirable user behavior;
- taking other legally-required actions.
With whom do we share this information and how may we disclose it?
We may share Your information with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf, such as our authorized service providers or analytics providers. In general, the third-party providers engaged by us will only collect, use and disclose Your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us, e.g. facilitating our Service and analyzing how our Service is used. Please note that they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
You can learn more about service providers with whom we may share Your information as described above hereunder, along with links to such service providers privacy policies, which we recommend You to read:
We use AppsFlyer for for the following purposes:
- analytics purposes, specifically for research and analysis of users’ interaction with the Application.
Appsflyer helps us to understand, in particular, how users find our App (for example, which advertiser served an ad that led You to our App in application store). Appsflyer also provides us with different analytics tools that enable us to research and analyze Your use of the Service.
- marketing purposes
Appsflyer helps us to tailor our and third parties’ ads to Your interests and show the relevant ads to You.
In order to receive these services from Appsflyer, we share such data as:
- device type and model, CPU, system language, memory, OS version, Wi-Fi status, time stamp and zone, device motion parameters and carrier (“technical information”);
- information relating to Your actions in the App, such as: downloads and installations of Applications, and other interactions, events and actions, such as add to cart, in-app purchases made, clicks, engagement time etc. (“engagement information”).
- IP address (which may also provide general location information), User agent, IDFA (Apple identifier for advertisers) and other unique identifiers (“technical identifiers”).
We use Amplitude for analytics and customer support purposes, specifically to understand how customers use our App.
As for analytics purposes, Amplitude helps us to understand, in particular, how users find our App (for example, which advertiser had delivered an ad that led You to our App in the app store). Amplitude also provides us with different analytics tools that enable us to research and analyze Your use of the Service, which helps us to decide what Application features we should focus on.
As for customer support purposes, Amplitude helps us to respond to Your requests for technical support. For example, it enables us to track Your interaction with our App and in order to detect particular technical issues with the App.
In order to receive those services from Amplitude, we share such data as:
- Platform, device type (phone or tablet), device family, country, city, region, carrier, OS, time zone, language, IP Address, locale, referral source (“technical information”);
- Your interaction with the App (i.e. taps on the particular screens) and age (“user related information”);
- Unique identifiers. (such as IDFA).
Amplitude is EU-US Privacy Shield certified, which You can verify and learn more about here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001XZAAY&status=Active.
Crashlytics is a monitoring service provided by Google, which helps us to oversee Application performance, specifically we analyze App crashes, reasons for such crashes and ways to avoid the crashes.
4) Amazon Mobile Analytics
We use Amazon Mobile Analytics, which is an Amazon service for collecting, visualizing and understanding app usage data at scale, to learn and analyse how our App is being used.
With the Amazon Mobile Analytics help we can collect and analyse the following information regarding our Application:
- General – monthly active users; daily active users; new users; daily sessions; sticky factor; 1-day retention; average revenue per daily active user; daily paying users; average revenue per paid daily active user;
- Active users – tracking how many users engage with our App daily and monthly and to monitor their stickiness to improve engagement, monetization and appeal;
- Sessions – tracking how often our App is used on a given day and how often each user opens our App during a day;
- Revenue – tracking in-app revenue trends to identify areas for monetization improvement;
- Retention – tracking the rate at which users come back to our App on a daily and weekly basis.
In order to receive these services from Amazon Mobile Analytics, we share such data as:
- Daily active users, monthly active users and new users;
- Sticky factor (daily active users divided by monthly active users);
- Session count and average sessions per daily user;
- Average revenue per daily active user and average revenue per paid daily active user;
- Day 1, 3 and 7 retention and week 1, 3 and 7 retention.
We use Intercom to provide and support a live customer service chat in our App.
In order to enable a live chat functionality, we share such data as:
- operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model; browser type and language; screen resolution; IP address; unique device identifiers (‘device data’);
- how long you spent on a page or screen; navigation paths between pages or screens; session date and time; activity status (including first seen, last seen, last heard from - and last contacted); pages viewed; links clicked; language preferences; Intercom assigned user identifier (‘service data’).
For more information on the privacy practices of Intercom, please visit https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy.
We recommend that You read all the privacy policies indicated above, so You can understand the manner in which Your information will be handled by these providers.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for Your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that You read their privacy policies so You can understand the manner in which Your information will be handled by these providers. For example, Apple may be such a third-party company that provides payments and can be contacted through its website: https://www.apple.com.
We may also share Your Personal Information with the Apple HealthKit application installed on Your device, provided You expressly gave permission for that in the Apple HealthKit App. Personal Information may be shared only to the extent required by the Apple HealthKit App, so for more information on it please see http://www.apple.com/ios/health/.
II. Law enforcement agencies and other public authorities
III. Third parties as part of a merger or acquisition
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Information on customers is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also share such information with any affiliated entity (e.g. parent company or subsidiary) and may transfer such information in the course of a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
International data transfers
Please note that our business is global, so when You provide Your information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in different countries around the world.
If You reside in the European Economic Area, please note that we take all adequate security measures to provide suitable safeguards due to data transfer to third countries. Our sub-processors located in such countries are also bound by respective data transfer agreements between them and us to provide all available legal security measures in regard to data privacy. Should You have questions concerning data transfer to third countries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to applicable law, we may charge for this service and will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable, and in any event, within the time limits prescribed by law.
How You Can Access Your Information
If You would like to update or correct any information that You have provided to us through Your use of the Service, You may use the Service to do so. If You need help with rectification of data You think is inaccurate, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
You may also change certain Personal Information in Your account by going to the ‘Settings’ menu or sending an email request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can make a request to erase Your Personal Information through the ‘Settings’ menu of this Application. Please note that it may affect the Services provided, and You will not be able to use the full scope of the Services. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but it may remain in our archives. Should You require the deletion of such Personal Information from our archives, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may be required to keep such information in our archives and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with Your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
You can make a request to receive the Personal Information related to You through the ‘Settings’ menu of this Application. Should You make such a request, You will be required to provide us with an email address which we would be able to send Your Personal Information to. Please note that You confirm and guarantee that the email address You provide to us in order to receive Your Personal Information shall belong to You and You shall be solely responsible for its correctness and validity and, therefore, we shall in any case not be liable for any breach of Your Personal Information due to sending it to that email address.
If You reside in the European Economic Area, You may object to the processing of Personal Information concerning You for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and the related Personal Information shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
Please note that You may also opt out from collection of Your information for marketing and advertising purposes using:
Your iOS device settings:
- go to “Settings” -> “Privacy” -> “Advertising” -> “Limit Ad Tracking”. You may additionally reset Your advertising identifier (this also may help You to see less of personalized ads) in the same section.
and links below:
- Network Advertising Initiative – http://optout.networkadvertising.org/
- Digital Advertising Alliance – http://optout.aboutads.info/
- Digital Advertising Alliance (Canada) – http://Youradchoices.ca/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance (EU) – http://www.Youronlinechoices.com/
- DAA AppChoices page – http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices
Please note that the result of such objection or cancellation may affect the process of the Services improvement. However, You would still be able to use the App.
If You think that the Personal Information related to You is inaccurate, but You can’t rectify it as described above, You may contact us at email@example.com to restrict the processing of such data for the period of time we need to verify the accuracy of the Personal Information, which we will inform You of.
You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application from Your mobile device. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of Your mobile device or via the Application marketplace or network.
How We Secure Your Information
Security is our highest priority. Our App has been designed with Your security and privacy in mind.
- We protect the security of Your information by using encryption protocols and software;
- We aggregate all Your information;
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Your information;
- We employ Your information systematic backups, which are intended to reduce the risk from disk crashes and errors, such as accidental information deletion.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we make all reasonable efforts to prevent it. However, You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure.
This Service does not address anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we shall take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account. If You are a parent or a guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us so that we will be able to take the necessary actions.
We will retain Your information for as long as the Application is installed on Your mobile device or as needed to provide You with our Service. If You remove the Application, we will remove Your information and use copies of Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Last updated 02 September 2020